Sunday, March 27, 2011

Leaps and Binds

Hello everyone!

I just returned from my YogaFit weekend where I received Certification Level 3, and I am excited to introduce you to someone who has achieved something she thought she never would! YAY!


I did my first "bind" ever, and I really thought I was the type of person who just wouldn't ever be able to do one since I am not naturally flexible. I had accepted that "fact" and when I tried in class yesterday, I really thought I was just "trying" with everyone. But I did it! The poses I performed: Marichi's Pse 1 and Pose 2.
With practice and a vision, we can do anything we set our minds to.

I also did a few poses that I hadn't even thought to try. For instance, I LOVE Side Plank, so when the teacher told us to try a few variations, I went along with it and found them even more fun!
Star
Side Plank Tree

With my shoulder and hips pushed out just a bit more (camera too quick for this photo!), Half Moon is such a great pose:

My "Crow Pose" also improved this weekend, and I was able to hold it for longer.
But this weekend was about so much more than poses.

This weekend was about making new friends, challenging myself, and going deep within myself to learn more about meditation, detaching, and believing that I (and all of you) can do anything I/we set our minds to. What might seem out of reach at the moment is really just a stretch away.

Some of the Level 3 Group from this weekend, teacher in the right front

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, look at that arm muscle. Amazing!! Congratulations!!

Michelle Garrison Hough said...

Yay! Namaste, Amanda!