Thursday, March 24, 2011

Let's Make a Statement...With Jewelry!

As I started to take out favorite pieces of jewelry, I noticed a common theme. 
Do you think I like gold statement jewelry? 
I actually never thought of myself as a "gold person." I didn't think I had a preference, but hey, a picture doesn't lie!


Of those, about half are actually vintage!


 I chose the large necklace with the pearls at the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market this past weekend. It spoke to me and I couldn't put it back down. When I find a piece so unique and beautiful, that's it! I also found the red leather bracelet that day.

 The ring was my grandmother's ring that I received when she passed, and I think it adds a bit of glamour to any outfit. The double ring gold hoop earrings were my mother's earrings from the '80's (The square gold hoops shown in the first photo are from the same era and individual.). The beautiful necklace that looks like a locket was actually my Nana's perfume-filled necklace. The perfume would be rubbed on like lip balm is today, and after removing the perfume, it's like a large locket that I can probably add some change to!
The earrings on the left were a signifant other's grandmother's earrings, and the ones on the right were a great southern flea market find from the '70's. 
The long necklaces were all my Nana's that she knew I would love and handed over to me.

What are your favorite pieces? Do you find that you wear the same jewelry every day, or does your jewelry really "make" your outfit?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My jewelry definitely makes my outfits, but my common theme is silver mixed with a dark steel and just about every thing I own has chains...I love the look of different layers of necklaces that have similar colors but different types of chain links.

Unknown said...

Oooh sounds fabulou, Jean! Picturing tons of chains in different lengths and shapes...how fun!