Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Milan Runway Time!

DOLCE & GABBANA


Aaah...stars...many of you know I love my stars! And animal print! Oh, well, it's Dolce, so of course there's animal. And that's why we love it right? We know we'll always have some consistency with sexiness, animal prints, professional looks, and some sparkle.

The loose cropped pants were a surprise to me since I usually find Dolce much more form-fitting and overtly sexy, but I like surprise as long as there's still some of what we would expect and have come to love.

MOSCHINO CHEAP AND CHIC


I LOVE this collection. The large fur hats and jackets, chevron printed slim pants and sequins, maxi skirts, comfy boots, sheer tights, and sophisticated coats in neutrals with a pop of red gave it a feeling that definitely resonated "Europe." It was sweet yet sexy, sophisticated yet youthful, and unique in that it gave all ages something to wear.

MARNI


The tailoring, prints, coats, and ankle strap platform shoes are what stood out to me.

Green, brown, black, and coral colors mixed surprisingly nicely.

TER ET BANTINE


I often enjoy a good print or something that really adds to a collection. And I wish I could say exactly why I see this collection as completely fresh...maybe it's the combination of neutrals, or the clean tailoring, but I WISH I could touch this collection.
  • Leather, tweed, sweater knits, wool, cotton
JILL SANDER


She gave us a new shape, and I'm loving it! Pregnant women will love it too because it will allow them to look super stylish without having to buy maternity-wear.

Personal Note: I want the floral boots with matching coat!

VERSACE


I can see the ad campaign now, and I'm loving it! The open-toe boots, hourglass coats, shift dresses, intarsia or printed sweaters, leather and suede, and stick-straight parted hair...so Versace, so gorgeous.

GIORGIO ARMANI


I fell in love with this collection. The new ankle length may look fabulous on all of these models, but I'm not so sure about on the rest of us.

The flared and tucked under pants looked fresh, clean and youthful when paired with the suit jackets.

The neutrals, amazing textures, and gorgeous fabrics and jewels made this a collection difficult to forget.

SALVATORE FERRAGAMO


The houndstooth, strong shoulders, mix of masculine and super Hollywood sexy looks, and professional pumps gave us a modern feel for Ferragamo. Sequins paired with sweater knit was unexpected from this designer since I'd expect it more from Dolce or Versus. Fabulous.

MARCO DE VINCENZO


Meow! Sexy cats! Leather, wool, fur, sheer stockings, and the continuation of strong shoulders, along with a reoccurring print, gave us a frenzy of neutral items to just salivate over.

MISSONI


This collection is by far one of my favorite Missoni collections EVER with the sorbet colors, floral prints, maxi dresses and skirts and wide leg pants, high necklines, comfortable boots, and soft hats.

VERSUS


Aaah...the strong yet sultry woman of NYC, who often travels to Europe for business. Yes, that's the woman I picture when I see this collection and when I think of Versus.

Just a black suit? Never from Versus. The black suit has such detail, tailoring, luxurious fabric and sheerness that it stands out without any jewels or sharp shoes.
  • sheer corsetry
  • high necklines and strong shoulders
  • knee-length skirts and dresses
  • black, silver, purple
DQUARED2


These hats! I think each grew higher as the show went on! I love the mix of distressed denim with leather cowgirl shirts, fur, and plaid. This was a bit costumey, but hey, that's what it should be at a show, right? A great show with wearable pieces!

BRIONI


All different looks from this designer - modern maturity, neutral sophistication, low-slung sequins....

I especially loved #2 from the left - brown fur with rust-colored pants - so '70s.

AQUILANO RIMONDI


Shine, wool, velvet, and mixture of boxy and slim cuts, along with intricate detailing and fabulous combinations of color, made this a collection I'd want to own. Yes, the entire collection. Yellow-green suit? Yes, I can't believe I'm saying it's a definite YES.

The silver-blue lame top also gave us that two-color combination that gave us that wow factor.

See more at stylesight.com.

No comments: