Sunday, February 26, 2012

ACADEMY AWARDS 2012

Glamour, sex appeal, heavy and blunt bangs, major glitz, and pale pinks/nudes were still prevalent.

Old Hollywood glamour with the single strand of diamonds draping across their necks and diamond drop earrings, the long, heavy gowns, and the perfect posture made this a gorgeous awards show to watch. 

ELLIE KEMPER
I LOVED the red tones in her dress matching her hair color. It reminded me of a volcano, with all of the tones and how it glowed so brightly.
CREDITS: Steve Granitz/WireImage
MILLA JOVOVICH
Another in sequins, Milla wore this dress well. White with bold red lipstick and glamorous wavy hair, aaah...and the strong shoulder just added that perfect modern touch.
CREDITS: Jason Merritt/Getty
GWYNETH PALTROW
This Tom Ford dress with that major diamond cuff, simple hair and makeup, and shy demeanor was so ladylike and beautiful.
CREDITS: Michael Buckner/Getty
GUILIANA RANCIC
I have never in my life seen Guiliana look more beautiful than tonight. The highlights added to her sleek hairstyle, the dramatic makeup, and the amazing dress made me so happy for her. She has had a tough year and she deserves to feel like this.
CREDITS: Jason Merritt/Getty
KATE MARA
The only lady who didn't seem to have great posture, I kind of understood it because it went with the interesting draping over the arm. When viewing the dress up close, it is truly exquisite.
CREDITS: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
LOUISE ROE
This dress was definitely a tie for favorite of the night. The Black Halo pale pink dress, Kara Ross snakeskin clutch, and Jacqueline Nerguizian ring, paired with her hairstyle and natural makeup proved sophistication and great design can be so regal. I literally had several moments tonight where I wanted so badly to run into this grand "costume."

JENNIFER LOPEZ
As I stared and stared, I admired the design of this gown, and I wondered how she could wear undergarments with such a sheer dress (Whoops!). A...MAZING.
CREDITS: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
LINDSAY BRUNNOCK
The texture really made this dress special, and I thought it looked beautiful on her. I also appreciated the loose hair since it didn't make her look like she was "trying to hard," and it just let the dress do the talking.
CREDITS: Ian West/PA Photos/Landov
ANNA FARIS
Very Hollywood, the platinum hair with stark black long sleeve dress, and the smoky eyes made her stand out and say, "I am here, and I am hot."
CREDITS: Steve Granitz/WireImage
Uh oh....but then ROSE BYRNE came around the corner...also with blunt heavy bangs and a black full sequin gown. I liked the drapery, but I have to say that I really liked the full-length sleeves and bold look of Anna better.
CREDITS: Steve Granitz/WireImage
ANGELINA JOLIE
Lighter hair, darker dress...HOT! With 5 pounds extra on her tiny frame, I would've liked this dress on her even more. But the peep-toe heels were a perfect pairing to the creative strapless design.
CREDITS: Jason Merritt/Getty
KELLY OSBOURNE
I haven't appreciated her choices for the last few awards shows, and though I am not a fan of the lilac hair color with her makeup choices, I do find the dress just beautiful, and her body looks so great.
CREDITS: Jeff Vespa/WireImage
GLENN CLOSE
I was shocked to see her wearing Zac Posen, but damn it showed her amazing curves! She looked so beautiful on television, and I was glad to see her look so proud.
CREDITS: Jason Merritt/Getty

I can't...MICHELLE WILLIAMS...she is tied for 1st in my book. The Louis Vuitton dress, made from silk mousseline and organza ribbons, was such a unique color (perfect on her skin tone), and she walked with ease and grace. She has done no wrong in my book for the past few months, and I am so in awe of her right now.
Getty Images

No comments: