Tuesday, February 28, 2012

RAVIOLI

Delish delish delish...I completely forgot how much I loved ravioli until I had some tonight. I hadn't had cheese ravioli since I was a kid, and I wanted to see how my body would now react.

So this is what I did:
I made one package of gluten-free ravioli with ricotta and spinach, and I made another package of dairy-free ravioli with roasted red pepper and tofu filling. I have had the latter a few times, but I never found it to taste like "the real thing."

I combined the two with sauteed bok choy, carrots, and garlic with fresh tomato sauce and some spices, and thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

This was the perfect combination. I really analyzed each bite, noticing all of the flavors, and I really wish someone would combine the dairy-free with gluten-free since there are so many people who are intolerant to both. The gluten-free ravioli tasted so much more like "real" ravioli, so it must be the cheese that truly makes a ravioli!

If I ate just gluten-free, I would've probably felt worse since it would've been too much cheese, and same with the gluten from the other package, but when combined and having a couple of each, it worked better for my body. I've experimented enough and know my body very well that I thought this would be the best method, and it worked well.

Both frozen
Dairy-free ravioli: SoyBoy Rosa Ravioli - Roasted Red Pepper and Tofu Filling
Gluten-free ravioli: Contes Gluten Free/Wheat Free Spinach and Cheese Ravioli

Let me know what you think!

No comments: