Sunday, July 27, 2014

Think about what you want!


"You become what you think about most, but you also attract what you think about most."

"The Secret" - p8

Positive thinking = positive occurrences

I made a major effort to think positively over the past month, even more than usual, and wow - what a great month it has been! Put that positive energy out there.

examples from the past month:
* telling myself that it's not even an option to think that there might be traffic and just being happy and moving towards my destination
Whenever someone would say, "Oh, I hope you don't run into traffic" or asking when the traffic will start when in the car together, literally the traffic would start seconds later

* telling myself I would make changes within business this month without much stress, and significant changes were brought to me soon after

* not worrying about meeting a significant other since it can be difficult, and I've met many people this month

An interesting example with my son: 
It's so cool to see my son starting to understand this at only 5 years old. Whenever we play the games, "Trouble" or "Candy Land," he says things like, "I hope I don't get 'kicked off' or pick the card, 'the cupcake' and then what happens? Exactly what he said he didn't want was what happened right after. He has heard me tell him to believe in himself and believe he will get the color etc. that he wants, but never to this extent.

I showed him another side tonight. We were playing Candy Land and after one round of me winning and him saying he didn't want to pick certain cards and then getting them, I told him to focus only on what he wanted. I said, "Don't worry about the cupcake. We're going to pick that one soon so we don't have to move backwards." It happened right after. Then I said, "And we're going to pick the ____ (another picture card that is in beginning of the board game) next so don't worry." That happened soon after. I said, "Isn't it amazing that putting your energy towards good things can work so well?" He said, "Yea - super cool!"

Believe in yourself, your actions, and your energy. 
And believe in others and their ability to be great. 


No comments: