Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sleeping for Strength

Sleep is so important for the body. 
It's important for happy moods, a healthy immune system, mental health, reaction time and awareness, and increased energy levels.

I've noticed myself getting tired earlier and sleeping as late as possible lately.
I think my body knows that it needs to build as much strength as it can to fight the stresses going on in my personal life right now. So while I gain strength through exercise (physical), research and reading (mental), and yoga and writing (spiritual), I need additional sleep right now.

Some of us become tired from eating foods that are lacking in nutrition, not exercising, and/or not taking specific supplements, but sometimes our bodies just need extra sleep for a short period of time.

Listening to our bodies is so important in every form, from realizing early on that something might be wrong (illness), to craving a certain food because our body needs a vitamin or mineral it carries, to knowing when to just rest and breathe.


Are you sleeping more? Or is stress not allowing you to sleep at all? What is the cause for the changes your body is telling you?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Great timing for this post considering the new reports out by the CDC... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/cdc-sleep_n_831005.html